As TifTuf was selected from a large gene pool based on certain traits, maintaining the genetic purity is crucial.
To ensure this, the University of Georgia has bred all of its foundation material (thousands of acres) from a single plant!
TifTuf Bermuda is the product of almost 25 years of research and development from one of the worlds leading turf grass breeders, the University of Georgia.
TifTuf has been hand selected out of almost 30,000 different Bermuda varieties, showing superior qualities in drought tolerance, shade tolerance, wear tolerance and winter colour whilst at the same time maintaining excellent turf quality.
TifTuf Bermuda has a very fine leaf blade with dense growth, making it ideal for a wide variety of applications.
Its density enables it to handle high wear situations like backyards and sports fields whilst its fine blade ensures shade tolerance and a very soft leaf to walk on.
Why is TifTuf a great choice?
- Hand selected from over 30,000 different cultivars
- Has had almost 25 years of research conducted on it by the worlds leading turf grass scientists
- Successfully passed strict international research & development breeding process
- Fine leaf blade and dark green in colour
- Superior drought tolerance requiring on average 38% less water then other varieties
- Fantastic winter colour and spring green-up qualities Weed & insect resistant
- High shade tolerance (needs only 4 hours of direct sunlight/day)
- Suitable for full sun areas
- High wear-tolerance
- Comes with a 10-Year Product Warranty